How to Choose a Used Electric Guitar
For all guitarists, especially who are learning must be also yearn to own a guitar for improving in the study of the techniques of playing the guitar. But as we all know if the price of the electric guitars with some brands that already have a name certainly has a high price, whereas for the less famous brands possibily has a less quality, so the results are not satisfying.
To overcome this problem the best solution is to buy a used or second electric guitar in the music studios, shops, or individual. Because, of course the price will be cheaper if you buy a used guitar. But the problem is whether the former guitar also guarantee to have a good quality, because we do not know how the care and use of the old owners. So if we want to choose a used electric guitar, of course we should be more careful in choosing than not to regret in the future.
In relation to the above information in this article we will give you a little tip on how to choose a used electric guitar that is the best. If you experience the same problem, please read the following might be a little help to be a reference
1. Check the neck on the guitar first, whether the neck is perpendicular or already slightly curved. Make sure the neck is not curved because if it curved the quality was not good.
2. Check the frets whether it is rusty or not, other than that, check whether the fret is already have a lot of holes or not. Fret very influential on the accuracy of the pitch so it’s very vital.
3. Check the tuner (a part to tune the guitar strings or string located at the head of the guitar) are still good or rusty. Because if the tuner is already in unfavorable condition, then usually the strings or string will be easily loosened so that his voice would often become lower.
4. Check the pickup and the best way is to try it with effects and amplifiers, whether the resulting sound is sharp or not. Try to compare with other electric guitars with effects and amplifier with the same settings and how is the results, better or not.
5. Checks on the Bridge especially those that can be mounted with a whammy bar stick(tremolo).Use the Whammy bar and then verify whether the tone down after use or not, if the tone down despite being given a lock or latch then certainly springs or spring under the guitar as a hook Bridge condition was not good so it is less flexible.
6. Check the knob such as volume and tone. The trick is try to turn on the effects and amplifiers, if the sounds a little bit noisy and so the we can revealed that the knob wasn’t good enough. And also if you do not touch the guitar strings and you heard a raised ground buzzing sound. It also be revealed that the guitar wasn’t good.
7. Make sure the paint was still good, because it also affects the price of the electric guitar, and it would also affect the appearance.
8. Be careful not to be fooled with the very similar customed electric guitar appearance and brand with the original electric guitar factory-made. Sometimes it is quite difficult to distinguish, but sometimes for some particular brand of electric guitar on the back of the guitar there is an iron plate that is used to coat the bolt that links between the guitar body with neck guitar to blend. This factor can be used as a reference for several electric guitar brands.
9. Another factor is the price, better to consult with people that have known the price development of the electric guitar. Usually the person is the owner of a music studio, then immediately ask them, other than that you can also browse the internet for the price of the used electric guitar, but do not forget to check the date on the information. Look for the latest info.
For the electric guitar price, you can check this links